2007年3月27日火曜日

Blog Genres

There are as many genres as there are individual blogs.

Just kidding.

I would say that blogs can be divided into genres by their medium and the number of users as well as their content. The word "blog" itself signifies a rather broad spectrum of online media, from the traditional single-user text-based blogs (perhaps with a few images) to collaborative video blogs. Having said that, these are the blog "genres" that I can think of, just off the top of my head:

Entertainment blogs
Personal blogs
Political blogs

As previously stated, sometimes the medium itself can be thought of as the blog's genre:

Music blogs
Video blogs

Obviously, these genres can be combined into hybrid blogs, or divided further into an infinite number of sub-genres. Furthermore, the possibility of multiple authors adds a whole new layer of possible genres.

I have left out one obvious genre, since it seems somewhat redundant: News blogs. All blogs are essentially news sources, albeit sometimes dealing with matters of questionable public interest.

2 件のコメント:

Marina さんのコメント...

Hi! This is Marina. I had a problem with my first blog - by some reason I can't access it even though I give the right log in information. :/ Please add my new blog to your links' list: http://digcult-marina.blogspot.com/

Sorry for the trouble.

Namida さんのコメント...

ね、マリナさん、私のブログでコメントをちょっとかきません、おねがいします。もし私はきみのブログでスパムをしたら、好きですか。そうじゃない、ね。